Gregory Johnson is a Partner at Paine Hamblen LLP and chair of the firm’s eDiscovery and Information Governance practice group. He advises a broad range of clients on ediscovery and legal technology issues such as the Internet, electronic commerce, computer hardware and software; intellectual property (primarily copyright, trademark and trade secrets) and business law. Prof. Johnson also has extensive litigation experience and is licensed to practice in the State and Federal Courts of Washington and Idaho, and the U.S. Court of Appeal, Ninth Circuit.
Prof. Johnson consults, writes and lectures on various technology issues and has done so since 1985. He serves on several local Boards, enjoys spending time with family and friends, with sports cars, and sculling a single shell on the Spokane River.
- B.A., History, Marietta College (1976)
- J.D., University of Puget Sound Law School (1983)
- “E-Discovery and EnCase.” The Lawyer’s PC (3/15/2004; 4/1/2004).
- “Trial Presentations 2001 – Going to Trial with Indata Corp’s Director Suite.” The Lawyer’s PC (4/1/2001).
- “A Practitioner’s Overview of Digital Discovery.” Vol. 33:2, Gonzaga Law Review (1998).
- “Computers and the Law Office.” Seattle-King County Bar Association, The Bar Bulletin (5/1986).
- “The Legal Aspects of E-Discovery: What You MUST Know!” Credit Union National Association – Technology Council Conference. San Antonio, TX (9/2011).
- “E-Discovery, Intellectual Property & Ethics,” Washington State Bar Association’s 16th Annual Intellectual Property Institute CLE. Seattle, WA (4/2011).
- “E-Discovery, a Coast to Coast Update and Review: A Panel Discussion of Zubulake, Pension Committee, and How They Impact Upon Practice and Discovery Beyond the Southern District of New York.” ALFA International – E-Discovery Tele-seminar (11/2010).
- “Computer Fraud & Abuse and Intellectual Property Issues.” ABA Technology in the Practice and Workplace Committee Midyear Meeting CLE. Seattle, WA (5/2009).
- “E Discovery: Avoidance, Obligations and Cost-Shifting.” National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel, 2005 Southwest & Pacific Regions Combined Meeting CLE, San Antonio, TX (10/2005).
- “Effective Use of Electronic Discovery Methods.” Washington Defense Trial Lawyers CLE, Seattle, WA (11/2002).
- “The Use of Personal Computers For Litigation In The 1990’s.” San Diego, CA (6/1992).
eDiscovery & eEvidence