We are pleased to announce a new scholarship program for veterans beginning in the 2017 academic year.
At Gonzaga Law, students can earn their J.D. in either of our two programs:
- 24 months through our Accelerated J.D.* program or
- 36 months through our Traditional J.D. program
Eligibility for Veterans Scholars Program:
- Minimum LSAT score of 154
- Commitment to academic excellence
- Honorable discharge from any branch of the United States military OR
- Active duty status from any branch of the United States military
Scholarship amounts vary and will be determined by the Office of Admissions.
Requirements for Renewability:
- Maintain a cumulative 2.75 GPA
- Willingness to serve as a mentor for future veteran law students at Gonzaga Law
Prospective law students who are interested in the Veterans Law Scholarship at Gonzaga University School of Law should submit a short essay (no more than one page in length) explaining how their time in the service has prepared them for law school. Essay applications are due no later than February 1, 2018. Essays should be submitted to Dr. Susan Lee, Director of Admissions.
*Gonzaga Law is one of only a select few law schools in the nation that offers an accelerated, fully accredited J.D. program. The program requires the same number of credits as the traditional 3-year program, but instead of taking a break from studies during the summers, students in the accelerated program take a full load of classes.