We are pleased to announce a new scholarship program for those who have a demonstrated interest in a public service career.
The scholarship program is designed to provide financial support to students with both strong academic credentials and a clearly demonstrated desire to pursue a career in public service upon graduation..
At Gonzaga Law, students can earn their J.D. in either of our programs:
- 24 months through our Accelerated J.D.* program or
- 36 months through our Traditional J.D. program
*Gonzaga Law is one of only a select few law schools in the nation that offers an accelerated, fully accredited J.D. program. The program requires the same number of credits as the traditional 3-year program but instead of taking a break from studies during the summers, students in the accelerated program take a full load of classes in the summers.
- Minimum LSAT score of 154
- Commitment to academic excellence
- Demonstrated interest in a career in public service
Scholarship amounts vary and will be determined by the Office of Admissions.
Requirements for Renewability:
- Maintain a cumulative 2.75 GPA
- Willingness to serve as a mentor for future students committed to public service/interest.
Application Process :
Prospective law students who are interested in the Public Service/Public Interest Law Scholarship at Gonzaga University School of Law should submit a short essay (no more than one page in length) explaining how their commitment to public service/interest has prepared them for law school and what they hope to do with a legal education. Essay applications are due no later than February 1, 2018. Essays should be submitted to Dr. Susan Lee, Director of Admissions.