2020-21 Laptop Minimum Specifications
- Processor: i5 or i7, or similar AMD
- Memory: 8 GB or more recommended
- Hard Drive: 250 GB or more
- Network: 100 Base-T Ethernet, 802.11n, or 802.11ac Wireless
Software & Services
- Windows 10, except Windows RT and Windows 10 S
- OS 10.15 Catalina
- OS 10.14 Mojave
Software Package: Microsoft Office 2019 or Office 365
Microsoft Office for Mac 2016. Office 365 2019
Please Note: Currently enrolled students can download Office 365 at no cost. Download at the Office 365 portal.
Warranty: 3 year parts and labor with on-site strongly recommended OR 3 year parts and labor Applecare.
Insurance: Comprehensive breakage, theft, hazard coverage. For more information, contact Safeware Insurance, or call 1-800-800-1492 for multi-year discounts.
Virus and Spyware Protection:
Preferred: Norton/Symantec, Trend/Micro Pc-cillin, or McAfee AntiVirus.
Freeware: AVG, Avast, or Avira. If you choose to use freeware, we reserve the right to require you to purchase one of the three preferred products or restrict your access to the Gonzaga network if we find your computer is not properly protected.
Note: Exam software cannot be used with a virtual operating system. Only genuine US-English version of Windows Operating System. ExamSoft does not support Chromebooks, Tablet or Convertible devices other than Surface Pro. Surface Pro Minimum System Requirements are as follows:
- Surface Pro (Surface RT tablets are not supported).
- External Keyboard (USB or Bluetooth) required. Bluetooth keyboards must be paired prior to launching exam.
- CPU Processor: 2.0 GHz Intel i3 processor or equivalent
- RAM: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: Minimum of 1 GB available space.
- Adobe Reader DC is required for exams containing PDF attachments.
- Internet connection for SofTest Download, Registration, Exam Download and Upload.
- Screen Resolution must be 1024×768 or higher.
- Administrator level account permissions.
Ethernet Cable: Required for wired connections on campus.
USB Memory Storage Devices: Strongly recommended. USB devices are easy to use and many have the ability to encrypt contents to protect data in the event of lost or stolen property. USB External Hard Drives are encouraged for larger backups, e.g., music and photos.