Begin your J.D. while completing your bachelor's at Carroll College
Gonzaga University School of Law and Carroll College's joint program provides students who have not yet completed a bachelor's degree the ability to apply to and graduate from law school a year sooner.
Criteria for Application
Carroll students seeking admission to Gonzaga Law through the 3+3 Program must meet the following criteria:
- Successful completion of at least 92 undergraduate semester hours, including the completion of all Carroll general education requirements.
- While no specific areas of study or disciplines are required for the 3+3 Program, students must choose a major and obtain at least 18 semester hours with a grade of C or better contributing toward that major, with at least 6 of those hours at the 300-400 level.
- Successful completion of required program courses.
- Provide written approval from the appropriate Carroll official indicating that the applicant will meet all Carroll graduation requirements for early entry to Gonzaga Law prior to enrolling in law school.
- Be accepted to Gonzaga Law through the following admission process.
Gonzaga Law Admittance
Suggested Application Timeline
June - July prior to start of junior year:
- Assess the academic performance to date to ensure that all Carroll requirements are on track;
- Prepare for the LSAT
October - December of junior year:
- Consult with faculty advisor to plan course selection for spring semester of junior year to ensure that all requirements for the baccalaureate degree, other than courses to be taken in the first year of law school, will be fulfilled;
- Take October or December administration of the LSAT
November - January of junior year:
- Receive LSAT score and determine if eligible to submit application
- Submit transcripts, including fall semester junior year grades, to CAS
- Submit application materials to Gonzaga University Law, including:
- Application form
- CAS report (includes undergraduate transcript and LSAT scores)
- Two letters of recommendation;
- Personal statement;
- Letter of eligibility for 3+ 3 Program from faculty advisor
January - March of junior year:
- Take February LSAT if necessary.
Tuition and Financial Aid
During their first three years at Carroll, students will pay tuition and fees to Carroll College at the approved undergraduate rate and be eligible to receive undergraduate financial aid. During the completion of their law degree at Gonzaga Law, students will pay tuition and fees to Gonzaga University at the approved tuition rate and receive law school financial aid. Aid may not be combined.