2019 Tuition & Fee Information
The 2019 tuition rates are:
• $6000 for the five-credit program with the mediation competition
• $5000 for the four-credit program without the mediation competition
Other than the $100 application fee to the University, these tuition rates will cover all scheduled law program costs for students once they arrive in Florence, including courses, program events and activities, student health insurance, the University campus, fitness center, and on-site staff and services, and necessary transportation to scheduled program events. Optional student activities through the University’s Gonzaga in Florence program also may be available for an additional fee, such as winery and bicycle tours.
To reserve a spot in the five-credit Florence program, students must submit a $250 tuition deposit by March 1, 2019, unless the program fills earlier. If student elect to participate in the international mediation program, the tuition deposit is $200 for the four course credits. The tuition deposit is refundable until March 1, 2019. Students must confirm tuition payment arrangements by April 1, 2019.
In addition to tuition, Florence students are responsible for airfare to and from Italy, housing in Florence, meals that are not part of Florence program events, course books, and other personal expenses. The Florence program director can share general information about airfare to and housing in Florence. Gonzaga University also may have a limited number of “pensione,” or apartments with a meal plan, on a space-available basis. Please contact the Florence program director if you are interested in reserving a pensione.
- Students may apply for federal student loans to cover the cost of tuition and fees, books and supplies, room and board, personal miscellaneous expenses, and transportation.
- Lending arrangements must be made by the student borrower through the law school where the student is enrolled.
- For students from law schools other than Gonzaga, their law schools must have a signed consortium agreement with GU and agree to pay fees and tuition directly to the University.
- Because of the payment deadlines, it is important that you secure summer financial aid at the earliest possible time (early February for Gonzaga students). It may be necessary for students to make interim financial arrangements to meet payment deadlines.