Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service is available to Gonzaga University School of Law faculty, adjunct faculty, staff, and students. All other Gonzaga University users are encouraged to contact the Interlibrary Loan service of the Foley Library. Attorneys and members of the public are encouraged to contact their local public library for assistance.
Gonzaga University School of Law members may request an ILL for materials not owned by Chastek Library and not accessible through the Foley Center or our online resources.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Search Primo, our catalogue, (which also contains records for Foley’s collection), to see if the item is available on campus.
- Search our Journals A-Z list, which will locate journals available to you in electronic or print format.
- If you still can’t find what you’re looking for, search WorldCat, a database of records for libraries worldwide. WorldCat provides full bibliographic information, which you will need to submit an interlibrary loan request.
Request an interlibrary loan using one of these methods:
- Make a direct request from WorldCat by clicking on the ILL icon and filling out the form, or
- Call or e-mail Carolyn Hood (509) 313-3755 with the full bibliographic information, or
- Complete an ILL form at the ILL Office.
Requests are usually processed within one working day and it takes an average of one to two weeks for the material to arrive. You will be notified by e-mail and items will be held at the Circulation Desk.
Material with due dates must be returned to the Circulation Desk. Contact Carolyn Hood to renew an ILL item.