The goal of the Women’s Law Caucus is to raise awareness of the legal issues that impact individuals; to educate society about the need for change in the traditional perceptions, attitudes, and expectations about women; and to help society appreciate the diversity that women bring to the world.
- Breast cancer awareness campaign
- Interviewing tips for women
- Faculty Women’s Lunch Panel
- Speed networking with Washington Women’s Lawyers
- Mentoring Program
- Volunteer services for local women’s shelters
- MLK Center Children’s Halloween Party Booth
- Purple ribbon fundraiser for local domestic violence shelter
- Myra Bradwell Award Ceremony
- Faculty/staff appreciation days
- WLC Faculty Dinner
Two annual scholarships:
- Incoming 1L Scholarship given annually in the Fall semester.
- Single parent scholarship open to all classes, given annually in the Spring semester.
- Scholarships are made possible in part by generous contributions from Gonzaga Law alumni. The single parent scholarship is primarily funded through donations from Cristine Beckwith, a GU law alumna who created the scholarship as WLC president in 2003. Contact information for Cristine Beckwith can be found at SeattleCriminal-Law.com.
- Custom Gonzaga apparel
- WLC Powder Puff Charity/Flag Football Tournament
$5 annual membership fee..
President: Alisha Myers & Corinna Pilat