The application for admission for our next entry term can be found online. The application deadline for post-baccalaureate candidates is January 15. The deadline for post-master’s students is October 15. Upon the deadline, our faculty with commence with initial review of complete applicants. If selected, you may be invited to interview with the department for admission. If offered admission, April 15 is the deadline to confirm your acceptance and intention to join our program.
For admission consideration, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Completed Application for Admission and accompanying $50 application fee
- An appropriate Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum Undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Minimum Graduate GPA of 3.5 (if applicable)
- Three (3) letters of reference
- Personal Statement addressing why you are interested in our school psychology program
- Resume or CV
- Interview with the department may be offered after initial review of your written materials
Additionally, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Successful completion of the following courses (or equivalent) at either the undergraduate or graduate level. Candidates who lack prerequisites may still be admitted to the program. However, all but two of the prerequisites must be completed prior to the candidate taking any coursework in the program. The remaining prerequisites must be completed prior to permanent matriculation:
- Introductory Psychology
- Child Development
- Research Methods
- Abnormal Psychology
- All entering candidates must take a minimum competency exam in psychological and educational measurement. Candidates who do not pass the criterion level or choose not to take the exam are required to take a tests and measurement course prior to their first semester at Gonzaga.
- Acceptance of admission in the program carries with it the responsibility to uphold the published ethical standards of the NASP and the American Psychological Association (APA). Violation of ethical standards may result in termination from the program.