Application items are to be submitted to the School of Education Graduate Admissions Office. In special circumstances, students applying for admission may be permitted to take graduate courses as a non-matriculated student for six (6) semester credits maximum while their graduate application is being completed and considered. No more than six (6) graduate credits may be applicable toward the degree before admission. Please note, departments may have additional admission requirements. Please check with the department to which you are applying for additional information.
General Admission Requirements:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- A completed graduate application for admission.
- A $50.00 non-refundable application fee (paid online upon submission of application). Application fee waived for Gonzaga alumni.
- One (1) official transcript from each college or university listed on your application for admission. (International applicants must submit foreign transcripts in the original language and an English copy). If you attend Gonzaga, please note that GU transcripts are ordered by the Graduate Admissions Office on your behalf.
- Two (2) confidential recommendations to be sent directly from the recommending persons via application for admission. (Please note: recommendations are not accepted from family members or reviewing faculty members from the department of application.)
- A current resume or CV.
- A written statement of purpose addressing the applicant's interest in graduate studies relating to some area in the field, assessing the applicant's current strengths and describing what the applicant hopes to gain from a master's degree program. Please check with the department for which you are applying for further instructions specific to the department.
- For our Counseling programs only, the GRE or MAT exam is required.
- For our MIT programs only, the WEST-B/SAT/ACT & NES/WEST-E exams are required.
- Submission of an official TOEFL of 88ibt, 580 (written) OR an IELTS score of 6.5 or higher. Completion of Gonzaga University's ESL program will also satisfy the language requirement.
- A copy of student passport.
- Completed financial declaration form with original supporting bank documents or official letter from sponsoring agency.
*Please note, our Master of Education in Special Education is the only program that considers conditional admission at this time.