- September 24th
- Classes Start Fall 2019
You must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university.
Please note: Gonzaga University must obtain authorization from each state in order to admit students into an online program. The list provided here outlines the current status in order to admit student into an online program.
- Complete the Online Application
Submit one official transcript from each college or university attended.
- If your cumulative GPA falls below a 3.0 please include an explanation of GPA statement.
- If you previously attended Gonzaga or are a current student, please note that GU transcripts are ordered by your admissions counselor on your behalf.
Official transcripts can be mailed or emailed to:
Virtual Campus Admissions
502 E. Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0068
Two Letters of Recommendation
Letters of recommendation need to follow the following guidelines:
Graduated with your bachelor’s degree less than three years ago:
- Provide one letter from a past professor.
- Provide a second letter from a current supervisor, academic advisor, or an additional letter from a past professor.
Graduated with your bachelor’s degree more than three years ago:
- Provide two letters from current or past supervisors (within the last three years).
- Provide a minimum of 2 references through the online application for letters of recommendation and they will be contacted directly via email with directions for uploading their completed recommendation.
- Request a letter focused on your abilities in the areas of leadership, interpersonal skills, critical thinking, judgment, professionalism, and insight into your ability to be successful in a graduate program.
- Graduates with a major or minor of Gonzaga’s Sport and Physical Education undergraduate program may not submit letters from professors or advisors within that program.
Please address the following questions as completely and succinctly as possible.
- What do you see as your strengths that will help you successfully complete our program, what challenges do you anticipate if you are accepted into this program and how do you plan to overcome them?
- What do you see as a problem sports managers face in the sporting industry today and why?
The answer to each question should be 500-800 words. If the questionnaire does not meet the criteria, applicants may not be accepted.
We encourage students to have their questionnaire answers reviewed by a professional at the master’s or doctoral level before submitting the application package.
Create a 3-5 minute YouTube video answering the following questions:
- What appeals to you about Gonzaga’s MASAA program and how do you see this program helping you achieve your long term career goals?
- Read the University Mission Statement and respond to the following question: How do you use the Mission in your current work or plan to use it in your future endeavors in a sporting or related industry?
Tips for creating the best video
- Take time to plan your answers
- Be specific with your answers
- Start with a quick introduction
- Treat the video like an interview
- Test the lighting and sound
- Frame yourself well
- Consider having a friend help you shoot the video
- Instructions for uploading a video to YouTube
Submit the link to your video to your admissions counselor or to email@example.com.
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Include a resume of professional experience including your overall GPA and major GPA.
MAT or GRE Waived
- If you have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
MAT or GRE Required
- If you have a cumulative GPA lower than 3.0
- If you attended a university that does not issue a cumulative GPA, please request official MAT or GRE scores be sent to Gonzaga University
- Test scores must be less than five years old
If taking an entrance exam, use school code 2282 for MAT or school code 4330 for GRE.
Call or Text (509) 313-6245 or (866) 380-5323
Information is subject to change.