Understanding Europe in an Age of Uncertainty
Gonzaga University graduate students may attend Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic, for an intensive immersion on Understanding Europe in an Age of Uncertainty. This program provides you with a broad understanding of the most significant recent political and social issues in Europe, and analyzes the current challenges for the future of European development.
Charles University, located in Prague, Czech Republic, was founded in 1348 and is one of the oldest universities in the world. It has more than 52,000 students enrolled in 300 accredited degree programs. Nearly 25,000 of those students are earning their master's degree.
Call or Text (509) 313-6240 or (866) 380-5323
- September 8 - 22, 2018
- $1,110 Charles University Tuition – 3 credits
- Charles University tuition
- Accommodation in Charles University dormitory
- Breakfast & lunches
- Online reading materials
- Some social & cultural event
- Some Meals
- Personal expenses
Understanding Europe in the Age of Uncertainty - 3 Credits transferred from Charles University
The immersion tackles topics affecting Europe right now, including Brexit, EU - Russia relations, as well as the EU and Turkey. The course will include lectures, workshops and group presentations. The course content, teaching and outcomes align well with:
- Career starters working for global organizations: NGOs, non-profits, humanitarian or faith-based institutions
- Career starters heading into multinational corporations: Amazon, Apple, Boeing, Google, Microsoft, Nike, Starbucks, etc.
- Educators, foreign service and military
- Mid-career professionals interested to diversify and deepen understanding of European issues with global implications.
This course meets the study abroad requirement or serves as an elective for the Global Leadership Concentration.
You may not use your federal financial aid for this study abroad program.