Curbside access to library materials during COVID-19
Foley Library will now be offering hold pick-ups in the Foley atrium.
To place a hold on an item
- Login to your Primo Account
- Select Library Search and enter your title or topic, to limit your search to physical items, select Available in the Library on the left. Primo searches across our physical collections and many of our online resources.
- When you find an item you are interested in, click on the title and then select Request Item
- Holds will be available for pickup in the Foley Library atrium when the library is open click for current hours; items will be placed in a paper bag with your last name on it. At this time you do not need to schedule your hold pickup in advance.
For questions or if you need assistance please email email@example.com.
Please return all items to the external book drop of Foley or the blue book drop in the basement of College Hall (west end near the men’s bathrooms). For everyone’s safety, library staff will not accept returns in person.
What can I find in the library?
While Foley Library provides access to a wealth of online resources, the library is also home to a physical collection of over 281,000 books, hundreds of DVD videos and music CDs, a trove of archival materials, and other items available in a tangible format.
How to search for items physically in the library
All physical items can be found by searching Primo. Once you search for your title or topic, select Availability: Available in the Library to narrow your results to physical items. To further narrow your results by Resource Type, select Books, Audio Visual, or other types of materials.
Finding an item in the library
Once you identify a physical item you’d like to use, determine its availability from the Primo search result. If the item is unavailable or you would like library staff to retrieve it for you, use Primo to place a hold on the item. You will be notified when it is available to check out.
To locate an available item on the shelf, first determine the area of the library where the item resides. Most books are in the General Collection, but other items will have different locations. The library has floor maps to help you find the area you need.
Next, use the Library of Congress Call Number (displayed in parentheses in Primo) to find the exact shelf location of the item. Bring all items to the Main Floor for checkout.
Good to Know:
- We are always adding new books to the collection browse our list of New Books at Foley Library, updated monthly.