Jennifer Akins has been teaching English for over 20 years both in the U.S. and abroad. She enjoys teaching all skills at all levels. Recently she has really enjoyed helping students understand the language and culture that will help them integrate into and succeed at a university in the U.S.
In her spare time, Jennifer likes talking about teaching (or almost anything) over coffee, reading novels (or almost anything), going for walks and watching movies.
- M.A., TESOL, Department of English, Washington State University
- B.A., English Literature, Westmont College
What students say:
- “She made us think in depth by asking us several questions about our opinions and thought rather than just accepting them.”
- “I truly respected Jennifer’s ability to hold us accountable as students while acknowledging that we are coming to the class with different backgrounds and experiences.”
- “Even when I am no longer her student, she asks me my opinion on certain topics and wants me to criticize it or support. I am humbled and amazed that my professor still finds my opinions to be valuable."
firstname.lastname@example.org | Welch 106 | (509) 313-5562