You can study the Chinese language during your time at Gonzaga in the following ways
- Via the Whitworth/Gonzaga cross-enrollment agreement. Please contact Dr. Christina Isabelli, Modern Languages & Literature Department Chair, by email or phone at (509) 313-6723.
- Via a study abroad program for a semester or an intensive program in Beijing.
- Via an intensive, beginning to advanced Chinese language program in the United States, such as the Middlebury Summer Language School
- The Chinese language is NOT offered as a major or minor in the Department of Modern Languages and Literature at Gonzaga University. Currently, it is only offered at the elementary and intermediate levels (Chinese 101, 102, 201, and 202).
- Asian Studies is offered as a major and minor in the International Studies Department. Chinese is one of the three areas of focus that compliment that major/minor. Students interested in the Chinese language are encouraged to consider a major and minor in Asian Studies offered through Gonzaga's International Studies Department.