To make an appointment, click here.
The Writing Center strives to assist students on the campus of Gonzaga University in developing their skills as writers who communicate across and beyond the curriculum.
What we provide:
- a trained, courteous staff committed to sustaining a safe space for dialogue and inquiry;
- a comfortable space where writers from all areas of the University community can write, work with tutors and peers, read, and pursue research;
- a focused learning environment for writers to focus on everything from initial brainstorming and drafting to final polishing and document design;
- an opportunity to schedule one-to-one tutoring sessions with tutors and, with advance notice, group sessions;
- in-class presentations about our services, as well as orientation sessions in the Writing Center for faculty and students;
- a range of work spaces for writing, including tables, private rooms with big screens and white boards, and open seating.
*At present, the Writing Center does not offer online tutoring, but writers are encouraged to take advantage of the resources listed on this website.
The Writing Center is located on the first floor of the Foley Center Library. The Writing Center's number is (509) 313-6610 Come in for a visit!
The Writing Center is open for the Spring 2018 semester. Please remember that the Center will be closed on all holidays and on all days that fall on holiday weekends.
Mondays: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Tuesdays: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Wednesdays: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Thursdays: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Fridays: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Sundays: 5 p.m.-10 p.m.
Late Appointment Policy: If you are more than five minutes late for an appointment, the session may be given to someone else. We appreciate your promptness!
Missed Appointment Policy: The Writing Center is a busy place, with many writers wanting to secure appointments with tutors. Please respect this fact and only make appointments you can keep, and cancel appointments in advance if you are unable to fulfill your commitment. If you "no show" for two (2) or more sessions in a given academic term, you may be blocked from scheduling further appointments. We really do not want to block your access! So, please just be respectful and responsible to the tutors as well as the other students seeking assistance in the Writing Center. Thank you!
Are you a Gonzaga student interested in applying for a tutoring position? If so, please submit the Writing Tutor Application form listed in the left-hand navigation bar. If you have questions related to the Writing Center, please contact Dr. John Eliason, Writing Center Director, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (509) 313-6717. Thank you.