Franz & Ann Schneider Writing Contest
Writing excellence among first-year Writing Course and Introduction to Literature students:
- Eligible Gonzaga students are or have been enrolled in a lower-division writing and/or literature course during Summer 2017, Fall 2017, or Spring 2018, including writing projects from Spring 2017 that were due after April 1, 2017.
- The contest is comprised of two categories: 1) Composition and 2) Literature.
- Eligible students may enter up to two writing projects but a student may only win one award per category.
- All submissions are evaluated by a committee from the English Department.
- Cash prizes will be awarded in each category for first, second and third place.
- 2017-2018 application deadlines: EARLY DEADLINE is Friday, December 8, 2017 and REGULAR DEADLINE is no later than 3pm, Friday, April 6, 2018.
- Questions? Please Email Dr. John Eliason or call (509 313-6717.
Download the writing content submission form for more information and to get started.