College of Arts and Sciences
Department of Art
Degree: B.A. in Art
The Art major will:
- Effectively discuss and demonstrate the visual elements and principles of organization in design theory.
- Demonstrate successful use of traditional basic drawing techniques.
- Demonstrate competency in the proper use of studio equipment.
- Be fully aware of safe use of all departmental chemistry, in ceramics, printmaking, and painting.
- Fully discuss and demonstrate all of the traditional forming methods common to ceramics.
- Fully demonstrate one or more techniques common to the printmaker’s art.
- Be able to discuss and demonstrate the techniques of oil painting.
- Be able to discuss and demonstrate the traditional, Western techniques of both linear and atmospheric perspective.
- Show a competent, fundamental understanding of art history from prehistory to the present day.
- Produce a competent body of work in one or more studio areas.