Intramurals is currently hiring Federal Work Study positions for the 2014-2015 academic year. If you're interested in officiating or scorekeeping, please fill out an online application, send Shelly an email directly, and/or stop by the Student Employment Job Fair on Monday, September 1st from 11:30-12:30pm in Cataldo Hall.
Institutional applicants should send Shelly an email directly with information regarding sport experience playing and officiating. There will be a "meet and greet" and tryout on Monday, September 1st from 2-4pm in the RFC/field house. Please know there are limited openings.
Need a job? The Intramural Sports Program offers over 50 student positions each year. Most of the positions are for federal work study students, but there are also some opportunities for institutional positions for the highly qualified sport official. Officiating is a great way to earn extra cash, have fun, and meet new people! We offer flexible weekly scheduling, competitive pay and one of the best work atmospheres on campus. Apply online, come by the Intramural Office, located on the lower level of the Rudolf Fitness Center, or contact Shelly Radtke at (509) 313-3977 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information on this great opportunity!
Student Supervisor Positions
We have filled the IM Student Supervisor positions for the academic year of 2014-2015. Positions are available from year to year for students with experience in campus recreation, Intramurals, sport's officiating, and/or management and supervision of similar activities. Applications must be accompanied by a resume and cover letter and turned into the IM Office or emailed to email@example.com no later than April 1st by 11pm.
- Job Requirements for FWS and Institutional IM Staff:
- 1. Must be available to work 10-20 hours a week.
- 2. Must be dependable, have the maturity, integrity and a high-level of character when officiating and scorekeeping any sport and/or activity.
- 3. Must exhibit good public relations skills and provide excellent customer service at all times.
- 4. Ability to communicate, take direction, show initiative and work well with others is a must.
- 5. Prefer high school and/or college experience playing and/or officiating same or similar sport; willingness to learn additional sports.
- Job Benefits:
- 1. Make some friends
- 2. Earn money
- 3. Receive on-site job training
- 4. Have some FUN!
- 5. Can still participate in Intramural sports/events
Shelly Radtke, Associate Director of the Rudolf Fitness Center, brings several years of experience as a professional, three-sport collegiate athlete and coach to Gonzaga University, the Rudolf Fitness Center and Intramural Program. At Gonzaga, Shelly's primary responsibilities include the Intramural program and she oversees all 25 intramural events, over 50 intramural staff members, and 4 student supervisors. Shelly has also been a Professional Member of NIRSA (National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association) since 2004 and is certified in CPR/AED.
Her personal athletics background includes basketball, softball and soccer as a college athlete at Mount Vernon Nazarene University (NAIA) in Ohio. Shelly was an Assistant Women’s Soccer Coach for one year and three years with the Women’s Softball program at MVNU after receiving a Bachelor of Arts degree in 2001 in Sport Management with a minor in General Business. She also received a Master’s degree in Sport and Athletic Administration in 2008 from Gonzaga University. Shelly has worked as a Certified Personal Trainer and Fitness Attendant at the Worthington Community Center and a Facility and Recreation Supervisor at the Groveport Recreation Center in Ohio prior to coming to Gonzaga.
- Gonzaga University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity, or any other non-merit factor in employment, educational programs, or activities that it operates.