GU Law Professor Ann Murphy and Law Alumnus Patrick McNulty '10 J.D. outline the important steps we ALL need to be aware of when creating or updating our estate plan. Presenters will review essential estate planning documents such as establishing a will, a living trust, beneficiary designations, power of attorney, health care directives, and more.
The event recording is no longer available.
Access the slide deck.
View the webinar Q&A.
Download a FREE Personal Estate Planning Kit
This comprehensive estate planning kit includes a helpful lesson book and an electronic record book to help you save time, protect assets and map out an effective estate plan.
Access the Law Clinic.
How you can include Gonzaga in your estate plans
We’re here to help you explore your options. Contact Gonzaga’s Office of Planned Giving at 800-388-0881 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patrick McNulty '10 J.D. has been an attorney with Randall | Danskin, P.S. for a little over 6 years. His primary practice areas include Taxation, Business Planning & Transactions and Estate Planning, Probate & Trusts. He has been a board member with the Spokane Young Professionals (SYP) and also worked as an Associate Attorney for Holland & Hart LLP out of Boise, Idaho. He is licensed to practice in both Washington and Idaho.
Education and Recognition
University of Washington, LL.M., Taxation, 2014
- Merit tuition scholarship recipient
- Meade Emory Endowed Prize for extraordinary merit in the LL.M. program
- CALI award (highest grade) in the following courses: Estate & Gift Taxation, Taxation of Corporations & Shareholders, Exempt Organizations, Corporate Reorganizations & Acquisitions, Federal Tax Controversy & Procedure and Compensation & Benefits II
Gonzaga University, J.D., summa cum laude, 2010
- Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Team member 2008–2009
- NAAC Moot Court Team member 2009–2010
- Recipient of James E. Rodger Scholarship, Gonzaga Merit Scholarship, and WSBA Intellectual Property Scholarship
- CALI award (highest grade) in the following courses: Property I, Contracts I, Torts II, Agency & Partnership, Intellectual Property, Legal Research & Writing III, Health Law and Constitutional Law I
Professor Murphy joined the Gonzaga University faculty in 2000, after working as an attorney for the Internal Revenue Service for nearly 15 years. While with the I.R.S., she tried 50 cases before the United States Tax Court, dealing with issues including fraud, business deductions, mergers and acquisitions, TEFRA partnerships, corporate expenses, and exempt organizations.
Awards and Honors
- Fulbright Distinguished Chair: Shanghai, People’s Republic of China, 2014–2015
- Fulbright Lecturer: Beijing, People’s Republic of China, 2007–2008
- Inland Northwest Blood Center, 2014 Chairperson of the Year (Higher Education)
- Orland Professor of the Year