**Submissions are closed for 2019**
Share your Perspective!
The GU World View Photo Contest celebrates the global perspectives of the Gonzaga community through photography.
Important Dates for 2019
- Photo submission Oct 11- Nov 8th
- Zag’s Choice- all photos on Instagram page (@gonzagacge) to be voted on by Nov. 11th- 14th
- All winners announced Nov 20th
All current Gonzaga University students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to enter!
Each Entry consists of a single image. By submitting a photograph, the entrant agrees to all contest rules.
The categories for entries are:
- The Natural World - examples include animals, plants, and landscapes
- Connections of the World - examples include individuals and families
- Locations of the World - examples include landmarks and historical sites
As a representative of the Gonzaga community, we expect that each contest entrant keep the following in mind:
- Choose photographs that depict people truthfully while displaying dignity, equality, support, and equity.
- Acquire the full understanding, participation, and permission of the subjects whenever possible.
- Be aware of and learn about the cultural norms and history of the area where you are taking photos so that you do not assume what is or is not acceptable to be photographed.
- Pay close attention to and follow local laws, as photography is not allowed in some places/contexts.
- A focus should be placed on complexity rather than showing or reinforcing stereotypes, sensationalizing, or exoticizing the subjects of the photograph.
There is a maximum of three (3) total entries per person. Each entry must comply with the following requirements:
- DIGITAL FORMAT: The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera; all digital files must be 5 megabytes or smaller, must be in JPEG or JPG format, and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image). All digital images must be entered on line using the submission form below.
- Photographs must have been taken within four (4) years before the date of entry.
- Previously submitted photos may not be re-submitted.
- Only minor burning, dodging and/or color correction is acceptable, as is cropping.
- Photographs that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud; provided entrants must be prepared to provide a release form as described below in "Release." When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close-up of another person's art.
- The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
- The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor (the Center for Global Engagement), contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
All photographs submitted electronically will become property of the Center for Global Engagement and may be displayed on campus and used for promotional purposes.
First- and Second-Place prizes will be awarded for entry categories: The Natural World, Connections of the World, and Locations of the World. In addition, a Zag's Choice awards will be given to the submission receiving the most likes on Instagram.
The Judges will collectively select a First and Second-Place Winner in each entry Category based on the following Judging Criteria:
- Creativity 50%
- Photographic quality 50%.
Zag's Choice will be voted on by the public on our Instagram page (@gonzagacge)
Announcement of Contest Winners
Winners will be announced during International Education Week on Wednesday, November 20, 2019 and will be notified via email. Decisions of the judges are final and binding.
- Photo submission: October 15-November 8
- Zag's Choice voting on Instagram (@gonzagacge) November 11-14
- Winners announced November 20