The International Education Council (IEC) was formally constituted for the first time in Fall 2008. The IEC strives to build upon the University's mission to develop a comprehensive international ethos throughout Gonzaga. The IEC promotes a Global Gonzaga by fostering the internationalization of curricula and encouraging international experiences among faculty, staff, and students.
The IEC serves as an advisory body to the Academic Director of the Center for Global Engagement who advises the Associate Provost of the Institute for Research & Interdisciplinary Initiatives. The Council shall:
- Review and recommend candidates for any Global Engagement Faculty Development funds.
- Review and evaluate plans that promote international experiences for faculty including research, teaching, and/or service.
- Review and evaluate plans for short-term summer study-abroad. Develop outcomes and assessment measures/tools for these programs.
- Make recommendations to appropriate administrative offices and other academic councils for approval.
- Receive periodic reports from the Center for Global Engagement and/or other offices and render any advice considered appropriate.
- Promote international education by attending and sponsoring international events and activities, and also by urging faculty, students, staff, and the administration to attend and sponsor international events and activities.
- Develop a strategic international plan for the University and the assessment plan.
2022-2023 Global Engagement Faculty Development Fund - Call for Proposals due September 15, 2022
|Dr. Christina Isabelli, co-chair, Academic Director, CGE|
|Alisha Lombardi, co-chair, Director of Study Abroad|
|Dr. Vinai Norasakkunkit, College of Arts and Sciences|
|Dr. Gloria Chien, College of Arts and Sciences|
|Dr. Mirjeta Beqiri, School of Business Administration|
|Dr. Anjali Barretto, School of Education|
|Dr. Tailian Chen, School of Engineering and Applied Science|
|Dr. Upendra Acharya, School of Law|
|Dr. Josh Armstrong, School of Leadership Studies|
|Julie Derzay, School of Nursing and Human Physiology|
|Dr. Robin Kelley, Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion|
|Fr. Dan Mai, Office of Mission and Ministry|
|Paula Smith, Office of Student Affairs|