Immigration Information

We look forward to having you join our community, and we know that the Visa process can be a little overwhelming. We're here to help, so please contact us if you have any questions!

After you have been accepted into a Gonzaga University program, you will receive an I-20 or DS-2019 form. The following is information about how to apply for an F-1 student visa or J-1 exchange visitor visa AFTER receiving your immigration documents from Gonzaga University.

Important note: If your purpose for coming to the United States is to study English or another program at Gonzaga University, you will need to enter the U.S. on an F-1 or J-1 visa. Students should not apply for a B visa and expect to change their status after arriving in the U.S.


Visa Process

Before your visa interview, you must pay a SEVIS fee (form I-901) through the Student and Exchange Visitor Program website. You can pay this fee by mail or online. For more information about the fee, or to pay online, please go to the fee processing website.

After you pay the SEVIS fee, you can make an appointment with the U.S. Consulate to get your student visa. Canadian students do not need to apply for an F-1 visa, but must still pay the SEVIS I-901 fee. You will need to bring several documents with you to the interview. Some required documents may include:

  • SEVIS fee receipt
  • I-20 or DS-2019
  • Passport
  • Bank Statement and/or Letter of Support

Please contact your consulate for exact information about required documents.


Entering the United States

If you enter the US with an I-20 or DS-2019 from Gonzaga University, you must report to Gonzaga during the mandatory orientation. Please contact us if you have any questions:

Contact International Admission

Send a message
502 E. Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258