The search for Gonzaga University’s School of Nursing & Human Physiology Dean is currently underway. As this search progresses, this website will provide our Gonzaga community updates on the work of the committee and the status of the search.
About the School of Nursing & Human Physiology Dean Position
Gonzaga University seeks a visionary and strategic leader to serve as the next dean. The successful candidate will have a deep commitment to social justice and diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. In order to steward Gonzaga’s mission, the Dean will possess an understanding of Ignatian pedagogy and the Jesuit charisms to care for the development of the whole person in mind, body, and spirit; to cultivate leaders of purpose; and to stand with the vulnerable.An earned doctoral degree in a health sciences discipline is required, along with qualifications that merit appointment as an associate or full professor at Gonzaga University.
For more information about the position and the application process, visit WittKieffer
Learn more about Gonzaga's mission.
School of Nursing & Human Physiology Dean Search Committee
Following is a list of committee members for the School of Nursing & Human Physiology Dean position (as of 10/10/2022):
- Committee Chair
- Ken Anderson, Ph.D., Dean of the School of Business Administration
- School of Nursing & Human Physiology Dean's Office
- Shannon Zaranski, Budget & Personnel Officer, SNHP
- Chris Sloan, Ph.D., RN, CNS, CPN, CNE, Associate Dean for Educational Quality and Innovation (EQI), Assistant Professor
- Joan Owens, Ph.D., RN, Associate Dean for Administration & Compliance (AC), Chief Nurse Administrator (CNA), and Associate Professor
- Dana Jacobson, ARNP, MSN, Lecturer
- Carol Kottwitz, DNP, PMH-NP, ARNP, Associate Professor
- Julie Derzay, MSN, RNC, Senior Lecturer
- Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice
- Scot Pettey, DNAP, CRNA, APRN, DNAP Department Chair
- Human Physiology
- Patrick Crosswhite, Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Janet Zhang-Lea, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Gonzaga University community
- Annmarie Caño, Ph.D., Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences
- Board of Trustees
- Joe Caravalho, Jr., M.D.