Welcome to Gonzaga University!
Dual enrollment enables students to take college courses and earn credit while still enrolled in high school. Beginning college coursework can help students prepare for the demands of higher education and make the transition to college smoother. Gonzaga University invites qualified juniors and seniors from area high schools to apply for dual enrollment. For more information on applying please contact the Office of Admissions at (509) 313-6572 or go to Dual Enrollment.
Accepted dual enrollment students will be registered for courses through the Office of the Registrar. When students register for courses they are responsible for attending the course, completing the course requirements and adhering to the University drop and withdrawal deadlines, which are posted on the Office of the Registrar Webpage. It is important that students understand the commitment they are making as colleges they apply to will want to see an official transcript of all high school and college level coursework completed.
The following information is for high school students who wish to register for undergraduate courses as a Dual Enrollment student.
Course availability and fees
FALL and SPRING Terms:
- Dual Enrollment students in a high school with access to Washington State’s Running Start program (most public high schools) may enroll in one or two available* courses** per fall or spring terms in the following departments only:
- Computer Science
- Modern or Classical Languages
- Dual Enrollment students enrolled in a high school without access to Washington State’s Running Start program may enroll in up to two available and appropriate*** courses from any department during fall and/or spring terms.
- Dual Enrollment students pay a reduced tuition rate of $415.00 per course, as well as a $15.00 administrative fee each term. This per course rate is subject to change, based on annual review of all tuition charges and/or subsequent faculty compensation structure changes.
- A different Dual Enrollment tuition rate will be in effect during summer sessions.
- Dual enrollment students pay a per credit (rather than a per course) rate during the Summer session, as well as a $15.00 administrative fee each part of term (summer I, II, or full term).
- This per credit rate is subject to change, based on annual review of all tuition charges and/or subsequent faculty compensation structure changes.
- Dual Enrollment students (regardless of high school access to Running Start) may enroll in up to six credits of appropriate and available courses per summer session, and pay the reduced tuition rate and related fees.
*Available is defined as a course that has space for an additional student that does not require any special permission, course authorization or override, as of one week prior to the beginning of the term.
**A course is defined as a class identified with its own CRN (Course Registration Number); (e.g., BIOL 101 and BIOL 101L, although required to be taken together, each have a separate CRN and therefore constitute two (2) classes).
***Appropriate courses are those without prerequisites according to the most recent University Catalogue, or those for which the student has fulfilled prerequisite requirements, as determined by the Dual Enrollment academic advisor in the Office of the Registrar.
How and Where to Register
The Office of the Registrar will contact current and newly accepted Dual Enrollment students 1-2 weeks prior to the beginning of registration each semester.
Dual Enrollment registration is completed electronically via e-mail. Please follow these instructions to ensure proper registration for the spring term:
1. Select a course that fits with your high school schedule by using Zagweb, Click on “Course Catalog and Class Schedule” and select “Schedule for the spring 2016 term”. This list includes all courses offered at GU this spring, in alphabetical order.
- When you find a course that fits your schedule and you would like to register, please email the following information to Emily Wakefield (email@example.com):
- Course Reference Number (CRN, five digit number associated with the desired course)
- Course name and number (i.e., FREN 101, MATH 157)
- Course section (i.e. 01, 02)
- Your full name, cell phone number, date of birth and mailing address
- Where you attend high school
- Your high school grade level in the spring (i.e. junior, senior)
2. Emily will register you according to the information included in your email, if there is space available in the course you selected. Once you have been registered your schedule will be emailed to you. If the course you desire is unavailable, you will be notified via email or phone.
PLEASE NOTE: Dual Enrollment students are registered in the order that registration emails are received, with priority given to senior high school students.
Course availability can be extremely limited. As you select courses for your spring schedule, please include two or three choices in the event your first selection is not available.
As the Payment/Arrangement deadline for each semester is due upon registration, you should contact the Student Accounts Office on the day you register for instructions on how to settle your account. Otherwise, on the following day, you will receive an email notification that a bill is ready to view. You will need to log in to Zagweb, then follow the link to CASHNet to view your bill. Click here for the Student Accounts website.
College Hall Rm 229
502 E Boone Ave
Spokane, WA 99258