Personal Expense

A one hundred dollar bill.

From time to time, you may need to reimburse Gonzaga University for a Personal Expense accidentally placed on your corporate card. We'd ask that you make every opportunity to reimburse the University within 30 days from the date of the transaction.

The quickest and most effective way to reimburse the University is by paying via CASHNet (coming soon!)

You may use your personal debit or credit card to make a payment via CASHNet. A receipt will automatically be email to you and your owing balance will be cleared.

If you prefer to pay by cash or check, please complete this Deposit Slip. This Deposit Slip is specifically created for personal expenses reimbursements. Please do not change the account information, or your owing balance may not be property cleared! Please indicate the Report Key on your expense report. Need help finding the Report Key? Click here for instructions.

For those of you using Zags Travel & Expense, you are required to mark any personal transactions as a Personal Expense (do not reimburse). This check box is available on every expense form.

What this does: By marking the transaction as a Personal Expense (do not reimburse), the transaction will not debit your department's fund/org. Instead, a tracking record will be created showing that you have a balance due the University.

How will I know I owe money? First, when you submit your expense report, the report totals will indicate that you owe the University. The following day, you will receive a reminder email. This email will indicate the amount you owe and contain a hyperlink to the CASHNet site where you may reimburse the University using your PERSONAL debit or credit card.

How long do I have to reimburse the University? You have 30 days to reimburse the University. We will begin to notify your director and then area VP if you exceed 30 days.

What do I need to do after I make my payment? Nothing! You will receive a receipt for your payment from CASHNet. Once payment is processed, the amount due is recorded as paid.

What if I don't want to make my payment on CASHNet? You may still make cash or check payments to the Controller's Office. Please following these instructions to correctly fill out a deposit slip. Once payment is recorded, your amount due will be marked as paid.

Failing to mark your personal transaction as Personal Expense (do not reimburse) is a violation of the Zags Travel & Expense Card Policy. Policy violations are report to the cardholder's immediate supervisor and Human Resources.

If you have any questions about reimbursing Gonzaga University for a Personal Expense incurred, please contact Jennifer Frame at or ext. 5615