Gonzaga University

Gonzaga University | 502 East Boone Avenue | Spokane, WA 99258-0102 | (800) 986.9585

Get Involved FAQ

How do I get involved?

The best place to start is to check out the Gonzaga COMMUNITY website at www.gonzaga.edu/community.   This lists all the recognized student clubs and organizations along with their events and contact information.  Additionally, this site has many other departments and programs that offer student events or opportunities for involvement. You can also come by the Office of Student Activities located on the second floor of the Crosby Student Center room 200 or contact us at (509) 313-6123 or studentactivities@gonzaga.edu.  If you have never been involved, ask an upperclassman for more information on the various student activities--they are a good resource.

How involved should I be during my first year of college?Greatly depends on you, and how much time you have. As a first year student, it is key to get adjusted to your living arrangement and settling in to your classes. Your first semester is a good time to look into clubs and organizations that are geared towards your interest(s) and/or major(s).How do I join a club or organization?You can join must clubs directly by logging onto the Gonzaga Community website using your Gonzaga username and password.  You can also find contact information for all the clubs and organizations in case you want to find out more before you join.
How do I start a new club?If 10 or more Gonzaga students have a similar area of interest and would like to form a club on campus, they need to attend a mandatory meeting to get all the information and deadlines.  To find out when the next available meeting is please contact the GSBA Clubs Office at gsba-clubs@gonzaga.edu, (509) 313-4087 or stop by the Office of Student Activities (Crosby rm. 200).
How do I plan a campus activity sponsored by my club or organization?To plan a campus-wide event, there is an event checklist that can be obtained in the Office of Student Activities. G.U. recognized organizations may reserve facilities through Campus Services at (509) 313-6854.  All student club and organization events must be submitted through the Gonzaga Community website and approved by the Office of Student Activities.
How do I publicize my club sponsored activity to the entire campus?A publicity planner is available through the Office of Student Activities. There are many avenues for advertising and publicizing activities including the student newspaper the Bulletin, the Wall, Crosby windows, flyers, posters, etc.  All events must be approved by for they can be publicized.

©2011 Gonzaga University. All Rights Reserved. | Full HTML Version