Office of Veteran Affairs

Gonzaga University's academic programs of study are approved by the Washington State Higher Education Coordinating Board's State Approving Agency (HECB/SAA) for enrollment of persons eligible to receive educational benefits under Title 38 and Title 10 USC.
TheVeterans Office is located in the Main Registrar Office, room 229, in the Administration Building. The office is opened monday through friday from 0800 to 1700 and serves all veterans, Undergraduate through Law.
The primary Veteran Coordinator is Michael Grabowski. He can be reached at the following:
Phone: (509) 313-6596
The alternate Veteran Coordinator is Anne Thompson. She can be reached at the following:
Phone: (509) 313-3680
Mail should be sent to the following address:
Veterans Coordinator
AD Box 83
Gonzaga University
Spokane, WA 99258
Although appointments are not necessary, calling or E-Mailing ahead could avoid a wait as the above two persons are also regular Registrar Staff personnel.
Gonzaga Veterans are serviced by the Muskogee Regional RPO located in Muskogee, OK. The University uses Electronic Certification (VACERT and ETCERT) to certify enrollment during the semester and also to transmit changes. New/Initial applications, however, must be sent in hard copy. Processing time for these can take up to sixty days especially during the Fall Semester. So early filing is important to avoid delays.
Discharged service members should bring a copy of their DD 214 and Reservists their NOBE when making initial application for benefits. Copies of these documents can be made in the Veterans Office. Spouses/Dependents applying for benefits under Chapter 35 should have the service number of the veteran they are filing under.
Veterans transferring to Gonzaga from another school or program must sign a VA form 22-1995(active duty/reservists) or VA form 22- 5495 for chapter 35 veterans before benefits can be certified.