Key Policy and Procedures
- REQUESTS FOR KEYS BY DEPARTMENTS: All requests for building and office keys go to Customer Service Desk.
- KEY RETURN: All keys should be returned to Plant & Construction Services when an employee no longer needs them, is leaving the University, or transferring to a new department, etc.
- KEY RETURN AUDIT: Plant & Construction Services will audit keys returned against key database to verify the returned keys. Discrepancies will be reviewed the key authorizer of their department. Unreturned or missing keys are considered lost and a minimum fee of $50.00 may be charged to the Department.
- REQUESTS FOR MASTER KEYS: Master key green cards must always be co- signed by the Department key authorizer and Ken Sammons, Director of Plant & Construction Services.
- VENDOR REQUESTS FOR USE OF KEYS: Vendors must come to the Customer Service Desk to check out keys.
- LIST OF KEYS for employees can be obtained from the Customer Service desk. Contact Customer Service for a print out: 509-313-5656 or email@example.com
Requests for keys from Departments:
- Contact Customer Service to request a key at 509-313-5656 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Customer Service will enter a work order to have the key(s) made.
- Requestor will be contacted when the key is ready for pickup at Customer Service.
- Recipient must have a key authorization card with the proper signature from the department and picture ID to pickup.
- All keys should be returned to Plant & Construction Services when an employee no longer needs them, is leaving the University, or transferring to a new department, etc. In addition, if a building or department is re-keyed, all keys that are obsolete need to be returned to Plant & Construction Services.
- Supervisors and key authorizers can contact email@example.com or 509-313-5656 to acquire a list of keys assigned to the departing employee to verify that all assigned keys are collected.
- All Master keys MUST be returned by key holder to the Customer Service Desk upon leaving Gonzaga University.
- All non-master keys may be returned to either Plant & Construction Services or Human Resources with a PINK "key return card" before departure.
ALL lost keys should be reported immediately to Customer Service, Plant & Construction Services, and Security. Lost keys are subject to a minimum $50 fine to the department. Upon work order request to replace a lost key, an estimate letter will be sent to the department for budget authorization. The department budget will be recharged for the lost key. It is the departments responsibility to decide whether or not to collect reimbursement from the individual who lost the key(s).
ZAGCARD lost - Freeze/Unfreeze - Login to Zagweb and click on the ZAGCARD link under the Employee tab. Go to gonzaga.edu/zagcard for more information on services available via the ZAGCARD
Request for Building Master Key:
- When requesting a "Building Master Key," supporting documentation will need to be provided via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) as to why that type of key is needed.
- Master key authorization green card must always be co-signed by the key authorizer and Ken Sammons, Director of Plant & Construction Services.
- The requester will be contacted when the key is ready to be picked up.
- Employee must bring a green key card and a GU I.D. or picture I.D., to pickup the key.
- REMINDER: Master keys are a security risk - please take care not lose or loan a master key.
- All Master keys MUST be returned by the key holder to the Customer Service Desk when leaving/transferring employment at Gonzaga University.
CONTRACTOR or VENDOR request for use of Building/Master keys:
- Vendors must request keys through Customer Service.
- A key card must be filled out and signed by a Manager, or Director of Plant & Construction Services.
- Campus Master keys must be returned on a daily basis unless otherwise authorized by the Director.
- A copy of the contractor or vendors driver's license and business card/cell phone number is required for the key authorization card.
Key Transfer option: (Preference is ALL keys be returned to Customer Service as noted above).
Non-Master keys may be transferred within a department as employees leave/transfer and new hires fill the position. A PINK "key return card" with departing persons name and their assigned keys can be sent in with the new persons GREEN "key authorization card" with all information filled in and keys transferred listed on card. All keys must be accounted for in the transfer!! Contact email@example.com or 509-313-5656 for more information or to acquire a list of keys assigned to the departing employee to verify that all keys assigned are collected.
Plant & Construction Services
502 E. Boone Ave
Spokane, WA 99258-0081
Located at: 1004 North Ruby
Office Hours: 7am - 5pm M-F