Travel Grant Program

The Center for Teaching and Advising has funds to support faculty travel to conferences or workshops that support teaching and advising. Funds are available for full-time faculty of any rank and in any discipline. Non-faculty with significant teaching and/or curriculum development roles are also eligible. Applicants need not be presenting at the conference to qualify for funding, but they should be able to explain clearly how attending will help them address a specific teaching or advising challenge, or improve a specific course, curriculum, or practice. Funds can be used to cover (or partially cover) registration fees, travel costs, lodging, and per-diem.

The CTA travel grant program is intended to make available opportunities that are not necessarily eligible for funding from other sources, but the amount of money is limited and we try to support as many applicants as possible. Therefore, we ask that applicants seek support first from other sources such as deans, departments, and the Office of Sponsored Research and Programs, before applying to the CTA. Applications that propose to combine CTA funding with that from other sources are encouraged. 

Conferences and workshops can be general or discipline-specific. Examples of opportunities that the CTA might support can be found by following the link to the left. These lists are not meant to be exhaustive; they are intended to encourage faculty to seek out and explore opportunities to improve their teaching and advising practice.

Information on how to apply, and the online application form, can be found at the links to the left. 

Applications for funding will be accepted on a rolling basis, and will be reviewed by the CTA’s steering committee at its regular monthly meetings. Applicants will be notified as soon as possible after their application is reviewed.

We can only approve funds for travel that will take place within the current fiscal year (i.e., by May 31). However, we anticipate that travel funds will be available for future fiscal years as well. If you wish to apply for funds to support travel after June 1 you may, but we will only be able to provisionally approve them.