Frequently Used Acronyms & Explanations

AP - Advanced Placement

Sponsored by the College Board, Advanced Placement (AP) is a program of college level courses and examinations for high school students. AP exams are given once each year during the middle week of May. For Information about Gonzaga's credit granting policies, contact the Office of Admissions at 800.322.2584.

CG - College Hall

This is one of the main buildings on campus, which is still often referred to as "Ad" or "Admin" after the building’s former name. This building houses offices for faculty, administration and staff, as well as classrooms.

CH - Chardin

We've been asked several times about the "CG" abbreviation for College Hall.  The assumption is that the abbv should be "CH," however this is already in use for one of our residence halls, Chardin. A complete listed of residential halls and buildings can be found on the Residence Life website.

FASFA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid

Students applying for financial aid must fill out this form to determine their need. If you need this form, contact Financial Aid at 800.793.1716 or visit their website by clicking here

FERPA - Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act

FERPA is a federal law that prohibits a student's academic record from being shared with anyone other than the student. For the complete, legal description of FERPA, visit the Registrar's Office website.

GSBA - Gonzaga Student Body Association

GSBA is located in the Crosby Student Center (referred to as Crosby).

GUST - Gonzaga University Summer Term

Gonzaga University Summer Term is a six-week program for motivated incoming freshmen. Students take between eight and ten credits worth of college-level courses to get a head start on their college career. This helps to lighten a student's fall course schedule while providing the student an opportunity to meet professors, peers and staff in a fun summer atmosphere. GUST is coordinated by the Academic Advising and Assistance Office.  For information call 800.965.9223 or visit the website,

IB scores - International Baccalaureate scores

International Baccalaureate is a standardized and highly rigorous secondary school curriculum used worldwide.  Gonzaga University will grant college credit for scores of 5 or higher earned on certain Higher Level IB exams.  For more information about IB and credit granting policies at GU, contact the Office of Admissions at 800.322.2584.

ID# - Identification Number

An 8-digit number printed on your student ID card.

PIN - Personal Identification Number

Students use their PIN to log onto zagweb for course registration, to check grades, financial aid, etc.

RA - Resident Assistant

RA's live in the residence halls and apartments on campus and are there to assist students throughout the semester.

RD - Resident Director

RD's live in the residence halls and apartments on campus. RD's oversee the RA staff and each are in charge of several on-campus living facilities (residence halls, apartments, etc.). They also assist students throughout the semester.

502 E. Boone, AD Box 27
Spokane, WA 99258-0027
Phone: (509) 313-4072
Toll-free: (800) 965-9223
Fax: (509) 313-4062

Location: Foley Center Library, Suite 122
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8 am-12 pm, 1-5 pm

Department Contacts