Studying abroad in Monze, Zambia, students in Gonzaga University’s Department of Teacher Education help to support the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) Oregon Province partnership with the Charles Lwanga College of Education (CLCE). This Jesuit-owned, teacher training college is transitioning from being a two-year, primary teacher training college to a four-year bachelor’s granting institution. Gonzaga students travel with CLCE faculty to remote school sites to observe CLCE students completing their student teaching experiences, interact with on-campus CLCE students and faculty and take in African cultural activities.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2012 (unless filled prior to this date)
Early application is encouraged. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis up to the application deadline or until the program is filled. The program is limited to 15 students. Operation of this program is subject to administrative approval and is dependent upon meeting the minimum enrollment.
- Application form (type directly into pdf and then print completed application)
- Written essay
- $50 non-refundable payable via CASHNet
- Two (2) academic recommendations
- Student Life clearance online form
- Return application to the Study Abroad office either in person (323 E Boone Ave) or by campus mail to AD Box 85.
502 E. Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0085
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Jonas Cox, Ph.D.
Phone: (509) 313-3505