- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- A completed graduate application
- A $50.00 non-refundable application fee made payable online at https://commerce.cashent.com/SOE3. This fee is waived for Gonzaga graduates and International students
- One (1) official transcript from each college or university attended. If you attend Gonzaga, please note that GU transcripts are ordered by the Graduate Admissions Office on your behalf.
- Official scores from the Graduate Records Exam (GRE) general aptitude test or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT). Scores must be less than 5 years old. this requirement may be waived if you have completed an advanced degree
- Two (2) confidential recommendations to be sent directly from the recommending persons. Gonzaga University confidential recommendation forms are required. (Please note: family member recommendations are not accepted.)
- A written statement of purpose addressing the following two topics (one typed page, single spaced): A) A description of interests in graduate studies in counseling and relation to the desire to become a counselor; and B) An assessment of current strengths as a potential counselor and description of benefits in gaining a counseling master's degree
- An interview with the department
International Applicants (does not apply to Master of Counselling Canadian students)
- Submission of foreign transcripts in the original language and a certified English copy
- An official TOEFL score of 88 ibt, 580 (written) OR an IELTS score of 6.5 or higher OR successful completion of Gonzaga University’s ESL program
- Copy of passport
- Completed financial declaration form with original supporting bank statements (showing at least US $22,900) or official letter from sponsoring agency
714 E. Boone Ave.
AD Box 25
Spokane, WA 99258
Phone: (509) 313-3501
Fax: (509) 313-5964