The mission of the School of Education is to prepare socially responsive and discerning practitioners to serve their community and profession.
- We model and promote leadership, scholarship and professional competence in multiple specializations.
- We support an environment that is challenging, inclusive, reflective, and collegial.
- We foster inquiry, intellectual creativity, and evidence-based decision making to accept the challenges facing a global society.
- We provide academic excellence in teaching, advising, service, and scholarship.
- We promote, support, and respect diversity.
The School of Education upholds the tradition of humanistic, Catholic, and Jesuit education.