GU Parent/Family of the Year Award
The Gonzaga Parent/Family of the Year letter/essay contest is intended to celebrate the supportive role families play in the lives of students and the University community.
Honoring an outstanding parent/family reminds the GU community that families are an essential part of the support network for our students. Their dedication and determination help our students achieve their higher education goals. At GU "family" can be defined as individuals and group members who support their student's success. Family members include parents, siblings, grandparents, cousins, extended relations, and close friends. Now is your chance to honor family members by nominating them for the 2012 GU Parent/ Family of the Year.
Nominations are now being accepted for "Gonzaga Parent/Family of the Year Award" through March 22nd, 2013
All parents/families who are nominated will be invited to the Student Life awards convocation lunch and awards ceremony where they will be recognized with a certificate of nomination and your nomination form.
The Parent/Family of the Year will also receive:
- A commemorative award presented at the Parent and Family Office Student Life awards convocation lunch ceremony.
- One $150 bookstore voucher
- Letter/essay published in the Gonzaga Parent Advisor Newsletter
- Congratulatory letter from V.P. Student Life Sue Weitz
- All Gonzaga Senior Undergraduate students are eligible to nominate their parent/family for this award.
The Parent/Family of the Year Award does not discriminate against non-traditional households. Family members include parents, siblings, grandparents, cousins, extended relations, and close friends, please take the time to nominate that special individual. You may nominate both of your parents or any family member for the award.
- Please submit a typed letter/essay of 1000-2000 words naming your parent/family nominee, and tell us why you believe your parent/family is worthy of this special award.
- To nominate your parent/family for the Parent/Family of the Year award, submit a completed nomination form and letter/essay to the Office of Parent and Family Programs by 5:00 pm on Friday, March 22nd, 2013, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All entries will be judged in strict confidentiality by the Parent/Family of the Year Award Selection Committee. Nominations will be judged on their ability to convey the merit of your parent's/families' outstanding involvement in your life and evidence of parent/family enthusiasm for GU.