What does the center do?
- Provides a safe space for LGBT and Ally students
- Provides information, resources, and support for students, staff, and faculty with issues related to sexual orientation and gender identity and expression
- Provides Safe Space training for staff, faculty, and students who wish to be knowledgeable and visable referral resources for LGBT students, staff, and faculty
- Coordinates national speakers, educational programs, and workshops related to sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and power and privilege
- Coordinates speakers for panel discussions, events, or classes
What is in the center?
- A safe space to hang-out, study, and meet new people
- Educational resources: books, journals, magazines, videos, and CD's
- Informational brochures on local and national resources for the LGBT community
- Student lounge and meeting space with computer, printer, TV, and DVD