As an ambulatory health care facility on campus we encourage students to schedule an appointment to access care quickly and easily with the physician, nurse practitioner or nurses. Walk-ins will be accommodated. All of your records are confidential and are separate from your academic record.
Only currently registered Gonzaga students are eligible for services. Students must present their Gonzaga University Student Identification card prior to each visit.
Services Provided are:
- Evaluation and treatment of acute illnesses and minor injuries by a Board Certified Family Physician and Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Sports Physicals and general health screening for both women and men, including sexually transmitted infections (STI's)
- Wellness Information
- Nutrition Information
- Lab Testing
- X-rays May Be Ordered
- Minor Surgical Procedures
- Wart Treatments
- Consultation by Registered Nurses
- Health education
- Referral to Specialists
- Sharps containers (exchange and disposal)
- Expired Medication Disposal
- Health Rides
Excluded Services are:
- On site X-ray, but we can order X-rays to be taken at an off site facility
- Corrective lenses, hearing aids, examination for and prescription for
- Dental care
- Allergy injections
- Birth control devices or contraceptives used for the purpose of birth control
All referrals outside the Health Center, emergency or otherwise, may be covered under the individual medical insurance plan. It is up to the individual to verify out of area insurance coverage and they will be responsible for any expenses incurred. For any after hours care or referral, you may need to consult with your primary care physician for pre-authorization to confirm your insurance coverage. Transportation to an urgent care facility after hours can be arranged by calling the Gonzaga Security at (509)313-5878 and requesting a Health Ride.
Brochures are all readily available for your convenience at the Health Center and in Crosby Student Center.