Center for Cura Personalis (CCP)
“Helping students be their best selves”
The Center for Cura Personalis (CCP) is an innovative department within the Division of Student Development that focuses on providing individualized services and support that help students be their best selves. “Cura personalis” means care for the whole person. CCP staff are dedicated to the mission of “cura personalis” as eloquently laid out by Peter-Hans Kolvenbach SJ, Jesuit superior, when he said that along each of our life journeys, we need the “help of a companion on the way.” CCP staff aim to be this companion.
The CCP serves students in many ways including through proactive outreach and educational programs about healthy choices, interventions for students who may been struggling, referrals to on and off campus resources, and designated case managers to provide support for students who may need a little extra assistance along the way. The goal of the CCP is to find numerous ways to provide healthy living and prevention education so that students never find themselves in crisis, but if they do, we are here to help. Below you will find a little bit more about the functional areas within the CCP. To go more in depth about or staff, values, or the functional areas, click on the links on the left-hand menu bar.
- Case Management, whose staff supports students experiencing academic and/or personal challenges, connects them to resources, and educates them on coping skills, resiliency, and self-advocacy.
- Collegiate Recovery Community, a supportive environment to promote healing and on-going sobriety for students in recovery or at risk for substance use and abuse.
- Gender Based Initiatives, initiatives and programming that encourage exploration of the social, physical, and psychological constructs of gender.
- Sexual Assault Response Team, a group of staff and faculty who volunteer to assist students after any reported incident of sexual misconduct, including sexual assault, harassment, stalking, and relationship violence.
- Student Wellness Resources, whose staff provides our community with a student centered harm reduction approach to living a healthy and balanced life style and empowers students to make choices in support of their personal goals.
If you or someone you know may need be struggling or need some extra support, the Center for Cura Personalis is a great place to start! Contact us by calling 509-313-2CCP (2227) or e-mail us at email@example.com.