SAEC Meeting Minutes
October 27, 2009
Members present: Bill, Eric, Krystal, William, Rodolpho, Marcia, Tim, Ann, Connie
October 13 minutes approved
Fall Open Meeting-William reported that:
- Theme: Staff Matters
- Find a motivational speaker to address staff morale, improve morale, etc, etc (Patrick O'Neal, Servant Leadership, CEO Riverview Retirement)
- Include a short game with prizes; any suggestions
- November 9-16th or the next week? Morning meeting including breakfast, depending on availability of Globe Room. (Last year's budget was $1900.00 for breakfast).
- Prize? Tim is going to talk to Athletic Dept/Promotions about tickets.
- Plans can be concluded by the end of this week. Communicate by email
CARES Booklet - Krystal.
- Where are we at to reproduce this? Hard copies or put it online.
- What does it cost to print it? How many copies do we need? Does everyone need one or would an office copy be enough?
- We need this information before we can make a decision
- Have this info by next time.
- Print flyer and post on campus
- Visits should be started soon. Bill is starting this week.
Treasurer's report: Connie will send reports.
Staff regent position, Expectations: Cathy Dieter requested this. Wasn't able to attend the meeting.
- Marcia: Taking advantage of the opportunities that present itself at the meetings to be a part of what the regent's are doing and, when it fits, sharing what is going on with staff assembly.
- Regent reps should pay close attention to our published minutes.
- Bill will email Cathy
Mission Nomination review team:
Bill K, Ann P, Fr. Hess, Fr. Hightower, William, Connie
Next meeting in HR:
- Gretchen Stoup asked to make a 10 minute presentation, come to our next meeting, Professional development opportunities online.
- Needed internet, projector and screen
- Road to Utopia not wired for that
- We were invited to HR
- Stay at Crosby
Plaques for name plates. Mike Tobin needs PO. Marcia sending request to Roberta for Blanket PO
Set up meetings for the rest of the year. Send out meeting request 2nd Tuesday, 4th Tuesday - separate requests.