October 13, 2009
Angela, Karen, Tim, Roberta, Connie
Minutes from September 22 approved with corrections to some spelling.
- Fall open meeting. Committee has not met. We are getting very late. Angela will contact William to see where we are at in the process. Is he the chair of the team?
- Flyer. Bill sent Angela the revised version.
- Everyone at the meeting likes it.
- Might add a line about Fall Open meeting
- Distribute via Staff-L? Angela will ask Bill how we should distribute it? When? Wait to include announcement with Fall open meeting?
- Mission Award. One more announcement about the date? Outreach committee? Forward to Angela and she will distribute on Staff-L.
- Staff-L. IT department added 315 employees two weeks ago. Updating process is still in progress. Who is in charge of making sure the list serve is up to date?
- Conversations magazine: Steve acknowledged that SAEC is helping to distribute the magazine this time. Roberta just about has them done, using work study...hoping to be done by noon tomorrow. (CG 416) Karen might have someone who could come over to help.
- CARES initiative. A copy was given to VP for Mission Steve Hess.
- Angela: Tony Andenaro (Faculty member in ORGL) has a grad student with a research question/class project; needs a Focus group. How hard is it to be creative, enthusiastic, energetic when you are under the pressures of the economy, fear of losing your job? Could we help recruit people? Angela is going to circulate an email to the whole council and committees inviting suggestions for people to be a part of the focus group.
Submitted by Connie Hickman