Location: Road to Zanzibar
Time: Wed 7/18/2007 10:00 AM – 12NOON
Attended: William, Dan, Bill, Connie, Mike, Tim, Brady, Marcia, Angela, Krystal.
1. Daycare Request (see message from Adrian Pauw). Marcia spoke with Krystal about the history of similar past requests. Rodolfo Pagsanjan currently has Krystal’s notebook with history. Dan knows Debbie Cerenzia has historical information as well. Group consensus was that interested parties get educated on the previous discussions and collaborate before requesting SA support for an initiative.
2. Outreach Committee - Krystal Burns
a. Ice Cream Social – great turnout, ran out of ice cream by 3pm and William went to get more Other recommendations from the group discussion: condiments at another table; improve prep (setup crew early, banner); use event as conversational time on a Staff Assembly issue (Executive Council will assist in setting a theme each month); centralized supplies location for easier setup; keep invites open to the entire community. Budgeting more supplies will not be problematic given the amount originally allocated to the President’s Lottery is being utilized for these activities. What about getting to night shift folks (4, 8, and 11pm custodians; security and switchboard) in oder to touch on goals and/or discussion points? More planning is needed for reaching this population. b. Picnic Status (Wed, 8/1): Boulevard BBQ featuring buffet with pulled pork and beef brisket, cole slaw, baked beans, mac and cheese, beverage, and terryaki rice bowl as veggie options; Boulevard will also a stand with hot dogs. David’s Pizza with beverage. The three food vendors will be spread out. Dessert options: snow cones and schwann’s ice cream variety. Entertain Warehouse – mini golf, pitching cage, water tag, basketball shootout. Craft tables for little kids. Pictures with Spike. Working on massage tables and body art. Toilet bowl racers will be back. Reservation and ticket system – people need to identify how many tickets they want, no matter how many people are coming. An email will come out to explain the RSVP. Band that played the staff/faculty dance last year will be on the steps of Foley from 5-8pm. Bingo. Two tents with an extra side to create shade. c. Committee-Council communications – Marcia requested an outreach committee member attend every council meeting, except for 8/1 when the members will be busy planning the picnic.
d. Kiosk – could it be used by committee to highlight and/or promote events at all events. Krystal will provide at future events.
3. Mission Award Plaque – beautiful base created by Bill Randall is hung under the Pope in the Ad building. Individual placards need to be ordered for current awardees, but we first need to know dimensions for how many can fit. We want an acknowledgement placard for Bill and Plant Services, and one entitled Outstanding Award in Support of Mission. Mike will work with Bill on the placard dimensions and an engraving resource. Connie will manage the order.
4. Staff Assembly Calendar Review – Marcia requests that the calendar reflect any and all Staff Assembly events, committee meetings, deadlines for the mission award. Marcia was unable to view contents, so will check with Pete Hanlon to ensure access rights. Everyone should be able to view.
5. Retreat Review - Angela captured a brief description of each segment of the retreat and put together roles, how, and needs from each of the committees who attended the retreat or submitted information subsequently. Attendees reviewed and discussed. Many committees are seeking direction and clarification of expectations. Retreat packets with the notes will be sent by Angela to the committee members and representatives unable to attend the event.
6. SAEC Goals
a. committee communications – information requested of each committee monthly according to template. Goal setting may need to be the initial request from us. All committees will be invited to the Executive Council over the next month where goals will be discussed and the monthly reporting template will be provided. A separate proposal requirement document will be provided as well. b. mission discussions – the people responsible for each mission area are waiting for us to request help from them. Fr. Lee could be helpful in enacting our plan. A subcommittee would be helpful. William, Bill and Tim will coordinate efforts. c. other goals will be discussed at a future meeting.
a. minutes from June 20 mtg – only 3 votes, and two suggestions. Previous protocol was no response meant approval. Marcia requested that everyone vote in the future. b. Blackboard site for EC and committee communications – a site has been set up with Angela as instructor. Angela will enroll committee members, representatives, and officers and create groups, and will demonstrate at the next meeting.
Agenda for future meetings
- Theme for 8/8 Ice Cream Social (8/1)
- Blackboard demo (Ang bring laptop and projector for 8/1)
- Fall Open Meeting Topics
- Security – Jim Jones
- Invite three committees to come and set goals (Board of Regents, Space, Compensation)
- Winter Break Proposal Group
- (no outreach cmte on 8/1 mtg, but circulate sign-in sheet at mtg)
- Heads up Gonzaga feedback review
- Mission discussions
- Accessing evening and night-shift staff
- SAEC Goals (every meeting)
Marcia will request Adrian Pauw connect with Rodolfo Pagsanjan and Debbie Cerenzia re daycare interest.
Tim will contact Gary at Sodexho about ice cream storage.
Krystal will convey to Outreach Committee that monthly socials are to be open to all staff.
Krystal will arrange for an outreach committee member to attend each SAEC meeting.
Krystal will provide kiosk at future events.
Mike will obtain from Bill Randall the appropriate dimensions for the individual placards featuring name of awardee, department, and year to help us identify how many years we can use, with room for an acknowledgement of Bill and Plant Services. Woody in the sign shop may be able to advise on a vendor. Marcia will get confirmation from Pete Hanlon on view access to Staff Assembly Calendar for everyone.
Angela will resubmit minutes from last meeting with suggested changes to get approval. Angela will enroll EC and committee members in the Blackboard site and setup for demo.
Angela will share Retreat packets including the report with EC and committee members unable to attend.
Angela create a new committee document w/goal and outcomes section
Marcia and Angela recreate the committee reporting template and create a proposal checklist document. Angela invite committees to August Meetings
Angela request Mary Beth email all EC members with the HUG results
All EC members will vote on minutes. Everyone review Retreat Notes and HUG results for goals discussion at the next meeting.
William, Tim, and Bill will coordinate efforts on arranging mission discussions.