Staff Assembly Executive CouncilMinutes
November 19, 2003
Members Present:Marcia Bertholf, Krystal Burns, Lisa Meyer, Linda Sue McClure,Trevor Werttemberger, Stacey Chatman, Mary Beth Charleboix, KimGieber, Keith Gauthier, Janice Resch.
Called to order at 12:05 p.m. by President Marcia Bertholf
1. CompensationCommittee: Agendafrom the Compensation Committee for Keith to take to the UBC wasrevised and approved. Priorities being presented are living wage,subsidized daycare, possibilities for using accumulated sick leaveand vacation hours in various ways, cost of living increases, infuture-how to get our proposals through the system in anappropriate, efficient, and timely way, presentation of facts andfigures regarding part-time vacation accrual as requested by UBC.Finalized summary to be emailed to Keith today.
Lisa presentedinformation she had received from Mike Casey regarding subsidizeddaycare as a potential benefit. Mike gave the go ahead to look intothis with HR; Debbie Cerenzia will guide this endeavor at least toinvestigate possibility. At this time, an on-site facility will notbe considered. The Executive Council, Compensation Committee, andDebbie Cerenzia will form the daycare subcommittee.
Draft statement ofCompensation Survey Report was emailed out by Marcia a few daysearlier to all SAEC members.
2. Accreditation: Marcia, Thayne, andMike Casey have reworked the Staff Survey and have re-submitted itas an Exhibit. Lisa has assembled all available Minutes for theexhibit and received additions. These will be sent to FacultyServices for binding tomorrow.
3. Heads Up: Subcommittee will meetto begin planning for Februaryâ€™s event. Members are Krystal,Janice, Mary Beth, Stacey, Marcia.
1. Treasurerâ€™sReport: Linda Suepresented finalized Staff Assembly budget/report. Issue of employeemorale boosters (lottery and bookstore certificate) being inpossible violation of IRS regulations is being investigated byLinda Sue.
2. Term Limits: Moved to next week.
3. Minutes: Approvalof November 12, 2003 Minutes moved to next week.
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 p.m.
Scheduling of futuremeetings
Future meetings will be held every other Wednesday in the 1898Room from 12-1 p.m. Since this is the lunch hour, please feel free to bring yourlunch. All SAECmembers will be notified if there is a change to this recurringmeeting.
By virtue of the bylaws,all Staff Assembly meetings are open unless otherwise designated bythe Executive Council. Everyone is welcome to attend.