STAFF ASSEMBLY EXECUTIVE COUNCILMINUTES
September 18, 2001 12:00 â€“ 1:00p.m.
CrosbyLarge Conference Room
MembersPresent: Bill Kostelec, Janice Resch, Brett Hendricks, TheresaCastillo Anne Thomas, Kim Gieber, Krystal Burns, KeithGauthier, Neva Bishop and Barbara Kolbet
Members Absent: MollySpilker
Guests: Gail Jennings andBobbie League
The meeting was called to order by PresidentBill Kostelec at 12:10.
· Bill welcomed Gail Jennings as our new StaffRegent
· Gail sits on the Physical FacilitiesCommittee
· Bobbie sits on the CurriculumCommittee
· The meeting scheduled for September 13, 2001was cancelled
· Duties as defined and adopted by the StaffAssembly Executive Committee in March of 2001 werereviewed
· Staff Regents are able to take concerns totheir committees from the staff at large or from theSAEC
· An agenda is mailed to each Regent two weeksbefore the meeting, so the Staff Regents will inform the SAEC ofany issues on which we may want to provide input
Approved minutes from August 28,2001
Faith and Justice â€“ All Staffmeetings
· Brett Hendricks and Bill Kostelec met withRaymond Reyes on coordination of events to take place thisfall
· Each meeting will be centered around a specifictopic â€“ and will have a facilitator that can speak for a fewminutes on that topic, as a lead in for the conversations that theywill generate
· Discussion took place on the number of meetingsneeded and the frequency of these meetings â€“ no decision was votedon
· These events will serve as a lead in to Spring2002 Convocation â€“ Faith and Justice II
· 2001 Spring Convocation on Faith and JusticeProceedings Report to be released when the first fall meeting isannounced
Structure of the executivecouncil
Discussion ensued about the foundation of the staffassembly, the progress since itâ€™s inception and the futuredirection that the SAEC should take.
Invitee to next meeting, LyssaMerry
Scheduling of futuremeetings
September 25th, Crosby Multipurpose Room,12:00 â€“ 1:00 p.m.
Future meetings will be held each Tuesday in CrosbyLarge Conference Room from 12:00 â€“ 1:00. Since this is the lunchhour, please feel free to bring your lunch. All SAEC members will benotified if there is a change to this recurring meeting.
Meeting on October 16th will be held inthe Crosby Multipurpose Room