STAFF ASSEMBLY EXECUTIVE COUNCILMINUTES
November 28, 2001 12:00 â€“ 1:00p.m.
CrosbyLarge Conference Room
Members Present: KeithGauthier, Neva Bishop, Janice Resch, Krystal Burns, Bill Kostelec,Brett Hendricks, Theresa Castillo, Barbara Kolbet and Kim Gieberand Anne Thomas
Members Absent: MollySpilker
Guest: Lisa SmytheRodino
The meeting was called to order by PresidentBill Kostelec at 12:05.
Minutes from 11/14/01 passed as amended
Letter from Mike Casey to Bill Kostelec(Hand delivered on 11/19)
Summary of reason why the Administration could adoptproposal as written but accepted it in principle:
· It would be very difficult to arrange the time(3 days) off for all employees of the University.
United Way Update â€“ Neva
· The people chosen for the United Way Employeeof the month are from the people who work in the AdministrationBuilding who participate by giving to the United Way.
· One name is pulled for each month at the end ofeach year to cover the following year.
· It is the option of each recipient to eitheruse the parking space or let it sit empty.
Suggestions to help pass the names of thewinners of the United Way Employee of the month along to the GUCommunity
· Post the name(s) in Spirit
· Post the name(s) on the web site
· If the person can not use the parking spaceoffer an alternative prize.
Morale Boosting Ideas
Speak with Debbie about the possibility of sendingout a request for questions regarding medical/dental benefits andthen having an open Q & A session with her.
Scheduling of futuremeetings
December 5, 2001 Large Conference Room, 12:00 â€“ 1:00p.m.
Future meetings will be held each Wednesday in CrosbyLarge Conference Room from 12:00 â€“ 1:00. Since this is the lunchhour, please feel free to bring your lunch. All SAEC members will benotified if there is a change to this recurring meeting.
By virtue of the bylaws, all StaffAssembly meetings are open unless otherwise designated by theExecutive Council. Everyone is welcome to attend.