STAFF ASSEMBLY EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MINUTES
October 24, 2001 12:00 â€“ 1:00 p.m.
Crosby Large Conference Room
Members Present: Anne Thomas, Neva Bishop,Krystal Burns, Bill Kostelec, Janice Resch, Kim Gieber, TheresaCastillo, Molly Spilker, Brett Hendricks, and Keith Gauthier
The meeting was called to order by President Bill Kostelec at12:07.
Minutes from 10/17/01 passed as amended
- Board of Regents pictures are on the wall on the first floor ofthe Administration Building, across from the Controllerâ€™s Office.Gail Jennings and Bobbie Leagues pictures should be up soon.
- Alternate â€“ Faculty has one â€“ we donâ€™t. Bill to find out at hismeeting with Mike Casey on 10/31 what role the alternate plays andif we need one.
- Will be set by the end of each meeting.
- Will be distributed to All Staff before the meeting so thateveryone has time to add agenda items.
- Chuck Murphy would like to meet with us to fill us in onbudget.
- Bill read the 9/19 Budget Committee update â€“ highlights arebelow.
- Discussion about enrollment this year and projected enrollmentnext year and how that will effect housing.
- Arts & Sciences working to reduce class size.
- New Positions â€“ other than faculty â€“ Housing 1, CCASL 1,Security increase 1 part time to full time.
- Chuck Murphy and the Board are discussing long range budgetdraft.
- Discussed creating an email link to the Staff Assembly forinput.
- Discussed possibility of voting on-line â€“ discussion was tabledand will be passed on the Nominations and Electionscommittee.
- Reviewed materials the Krystal Burns created. Voted to includein new employee packets â€“ passed.
- Cards will be passed on to Community Outreach Committee.
Discussion regarding future open meetings was tabled until nextweek.
Scheduling of future meetings
October 31st, Crosby Multipurpose Room, 12:00 â€“ 1:00p.m.
Future meetings will be held each Wednesday in Crosby LargeConference Room from 12:00 â€“ 1:00. Since this is the lunch hour,please feel free to bring your lunch. All SAEC members will benotified if there is a change to this recurring meeting.
By virtue of the bylaws, all Staff Assembly meetings are openunless otherwise designated by the Executive Council. Everyone iswelcome to attend.