MBA in American Indian Entrepreneurship (MBA/AIE)
The MBA/AIE program prepares leaders to effectively manage and support sustainable business on American Indian reservations. The MBA in AIE program expands student’s analytical skills, critical thinking, and tribal leadership skills in order to successfully address the unique demands facing tribal organizations and communities in a global economy.
The MBA in AIE program was created for faculty and staff at Tribal Colleges. There are strict criteria for eligibility that ensures students are working for Tribal Colleges and giving back to their Native American Communities. The MBA in AIE is a 2 year cohort program that requires students come to campus for 6 weeks in the summer and one weekend during the fall and spring semesters. The remaining course work is completed via distance learning.
An admissions decision* is based on our evaluation of the following factors: cumulative grade point average (GPA), Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score, three short essays, two confidential recommendation letters, and resume with relevant work experience. Each applicant must submit the following materials to the Graduate School of Business:
- 1) A completed application form and a non-refundable application fee (see www.gonzaga.edu/MBA-AIE).
- 2) Two online recommendations from professors, supervisors or managers.
- 3) One official set of transcripts from each college or university attended. Only degrees and courses from a regionally accredited institution will be accepted. We now accept e-scrip transcripts.
- 4) Official Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score.
- 5) A professional resume detailing relevant work experience and professional objectives.
- 6) Answers to three essay questions.
- 7) Copy of Tribal Enrollment Verification Card (unless teaching at a Tribal College)
- *To be eligible students must be an enrolled member of a federally recognized American Indian tribe unless they are non-natives working at tribal colleges or native owned businesses.
For more information visit: www.gonzaga.edu/mba-aie
To complete the MBA/AIE degree program, thirty-five credit hours of 500 and 600-level graduate business administration courses are required beyond the pre-requisite courses. Students are expected to maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.00.
Curriculum: 35 credits
|Summer 1 - Delivered On-Campus|
|MBUS 500 Economic Analysis||3 credits|
|MBUS 560 Accounting Analysis||3 credits|
|MBUS 683T Legal Environment: Indian Country||2 credits|
|MBUS 617 Tribal Leadership||1 credit|
|Fall 1 – Delivered On-Line|
|MBUS 520 Financial Analysis||3 credits|
|Spring 1 – Delivered On-line|
|MBUS 510 Marketing Analysis||3 credits|
|MBUS 647T Entrepreneurship||1 credit|
|Summer 2 – Delivered On-Campus|
|MBUS 628 Accounting Theory and Practice||2 credits|
|MBUS 624 Finance Theory and Practice||2 credits|
|MBUS 615T Small Business Marketing||3 credits|
|MBUS 616T Tribal Strategic Management||1 credit|
|MBUS 699T Tribal Seminar||1 credit|
|Fall 2 – Delivered On-Line|
|MBUS 626 Information Systems Theory and Practice||3 credits|
|MBUS 614 Business Ethics||2 credits|
|Spring 2 – Delivered On-Line|
|MBUS 625 Operations Theory & Practice||3 credits|
|MBUS 612 Mgmt. Skills Development||2 credits|
Total Credits Required: 35 credits