Gonzaga University Travel Policies


The University currently uses Travel Leaders and Egencia for airfare arrangements.  You can call Travel Leaders directly and have them make your reservations for you or you may use the Egencia website to create your own itinerary.  Both vendors accept University purchase orders.

Travel Leaders Phone: 509-327-9585
Call to begin your reservations. Travel Leaders will hold the reservation for you while you obtain a PO number. Send a Purchase Requisition to JoAnne Bruce and she will email you back with your PO number. Call Travel Leaders back with the PO number to finalize your reservation.

Egencia Website:
Contact JoAnne Bruce to set up traveler/arranger accounts.
Login to the website and begin your reservation to determine the estimated cost. Send a Purchase Requisition to JoAnne Bruce and she will email you back with your PO number. Finalize your reservation on the Egencia website, including PO number and your budget information.

Spokane Lodging Arrangements                                                                                                                       

Hotel Phone Fax Banner #
Davenport Hotel 455-8888 624-4455 DAVHOT PO2
DoubleTree Hotel 455-9600 455-6285 DOUSPO PO5
Courtyard by Marriott 456-7600 456-0969 CTYIII PO1
Holiday Inn Express 328-8505 325-9842 BASHOS PO1
Oxford Suites 353-9000 353-9164 BANEY PO1
Red Lion River Inn 326-5577 326-1120 REDLIO04 PO2
Red Lion at the Park 236-8000 325-7329 REDLIO AP2

When calling any of these hotels, make sure to mention that you are calling from Gonzaga and would like to hold a room with a purchase order number.  If you do not, you could possibly be transferred to their general hotel line and those customer service representatives will be unable to help you.  After making the reservation, please complete a requisition and fax it Purchasing.  Make sure to include the guest's name, arrival and departure dates as well as the confirmation number.  Purchasing will then fax a purchase order to the designated hotel.

Lodging Arrangements Outside Spokane

There are several ways to pay for lodging arrangements made outside of Spokane: cash advance request, reimbursement request and check or credit card payment.

A cash advance allows the allocated funds for your stay to be either presented to you in the form of a personal check or deposited directly into your personal banking account before you leave.  See the link below for more details.

A reimbursement request allows you to pay for your lodging with your personal funds.  Turn the form into Linda Sue McClure in Accounts Payable and make sure to attach all original receipts in order to recover your costs.

If you would like Purchasing to make and pay for your lodging arrangements, please complete a purchase requisition.  Make sure to include the hotel address, phone number, guest name as well as arrival and departure dates.  If you are to receive a special room rate due to a conference or other event, make sure to note this on the requisition.  Upon receipt, Purchasing will hold and pay for the reservation for you using a University credit card. 


Ground Transportation                                                                                                                                         

Car/Van Transportation if departing from Spokane, WA

Plant Services Motor Pool Rental Information.  You will need a Gonzaga University username and password to view the information.  If you need additional help contact Customer Service at (509) 313-5656.

Dollar Rent-a-Car: 509-462-4981
Enterprise Rent-a-Car: 509-328-0173
Thrifty Car Rental: 509-838-8223

If you will be renting a vehicle from a city other than Spokane, please check out a rental card from the Controller's office.  After you receive the card, you may proceed with your reservations and use this card to pay for your fees.

Car/Van Transportation if departing outside of Spokane, WA

Budget: 800-527-0700
Use Gonzaga Corporate Discount Number V515846. Do not take promotional rates if offered. They void all coverages provided under the State of Washington Agreement such as Loss Damage Waiver.

Ccontact the Controller's Office to obtain the Budget "Authorized Representative" card.

For Bus Transportation

Alpha Omega Tours and Charters: 509-299-5595 or
Durham School Services: 509-483-0224
Northwestern Stage Lines: 509-838-4029
Ssilver Eagle Charters: 509-487-6903

Make sure that you rent the vehicle in the name of THE CORPORATION OF GONZAGA UNIVERSITY.  Never rent any vehicle in the traveler's name.  Should the automobile be rented in the name of the individual and not the University, insurance coverage is not automatic.

Please note that rental of 12-15 passenger vans is not approved.