What is it: Wireless is available throughout campus the Gonzaga Guest network is for those who are not students, faculty or staff members.
How do I get access: If you need to connect to the internet while on campus Gonzaga provides wireless high-speed network access for guests on-campus.
How do I get training: General-purpose training regarding using the campus network is not offered. Specific questions can be addressed by the IT Support Center 509-313-5550.
Who do I contact if I have problems: Call 509-313-5550 or email the IT Support Center.
Are you a visitor to Gonzaga with a .edu account from another institution? If your home institution is a member of Eduroam (www.eduroam.org), you will be able to securely connect to Gonzaga’s Wi-Fi network called “eduroam” using your home institution’s login credentials. Click here to learn more about Eduroam at Gonzaga.
- All systems are operating normally.
ANNOUNCEMENTS- Not sure when university owned computer needs to be replaced? Check here!
- Need training on a software? Go to www.gonzaga.edu/softwaretraining
- Need help connecting to Zagnet? Check out our brochure
- Go to passwordreset.gonzaga.edu to reset your password
- Engineering students, check here for laptop recommendations
- Blackboard: Thursday 11 PM until Friday mornings at 3 AM. It may be unavailable during that time
- Network: Friday evenings beginning at 5:00 PM. The network may be unavailable at that time
ITS QUICK LINKS
502 E. Boone Ave.
Spokane, WA 99258-0092
Foley Center, LL 017
8:00AM-5:00PM, Monday - Friday
Support Center Hours:
Hours while classes are in session:
Saturday and Sunday 1:00PM-5:00PM
Hours when classes are NOT in session:
Weekends & Holidays - CLOSED