Need to request a schedule change? Please keep the following in mind before asking for a schedule change:
- Do not request changes due to preference of time or professor. As a freshman, you should expect to have classes anywhere between 8:00 am and 9:00 pm. We simply do not have the flexibility to move students around for this reason.
- Try to remember that every course you have been enrolled for meets a degree requirement, whether it is core, major, minor or elective.
- For your own confidentiality, and to get you actively preparing for college life where you are responsible for many things on your own, we will ask parents and family members to wait in our lobby while we meet with you. Please know that we cannot make any schedule changes, or answer advising questions about your academics, unless these come from you directly.
- Read through our FAQ's before calling. Your question may already be answered.
- Review the Course Table which answers the "Why am I taking this class?" question.
Still have questions or want to request a schedule change? You can do so before, during or after New Student Orientation.
Before Orientation (via phone or email, August 1 - 11)
Schedule change requests will be taken via phone or email weekdays, August 1st-11th. If you are a local student, you may also come see us by scheduling an appointment at 509-313-4072. Each student will be treated equally with regard to their course scheduling requests, regardless of how or when you contact us.
To make your schedule change request, please choose one of the options below and follow the directions. Please do not contact us multiple times, by multiple means - this slows down our process. Choose one and be patient. We will return your message in a timely manner.
By phone: Call us at 509-313-4072 between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm, weekdays, August 1st through the 19th, and an advisor will take your call or return a message within 24 business hours.
By email: Using your Zagmail account, send us your requests to email@example.com. Be sure to include your name, ID number, a phone number where we can reach you if we have questions, and a detailed description of what change you are requesting. An advisor will respond to your email request within 48 business hours.
During Orientation (August 25th & 28th - By Appointment - Foley Library Suite 122)
To schedule your advising appointment, please call our office during regular business hours beginning August 14th at 509-313-4072 for an appointment during the following days/times.
Friday, August 25th, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Monday, August 28th, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
After Orientation (August 29th - September 8th - Drop-In, Foley Library Suite 122)
If, after consultation with your faculty advisor, whom you will meet on Monday, August 28th, you determine you need to make more changes to your schedule, please drop-in to see an advisor between the hours of 9:00 am to noon and 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm, weekdays, by the following dates:
Last day to Add a Course - Wednesday, September 6th
Last day to Drop a Course - Friday, September 8th