- Bachelor of Arts, Asian Studies (Chinese, Japanese)
- Bachelor of Arts, European Studies (French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Bachelor of Arts, Latin America Studies (Spanish)
- Bachelor of Arts, International Relations (choose any modern foreign language)
International Studies (INST) majors may start a language in the first semester, depending on course availability and level of placement. Placement is determined by the student's language background and academic history, as well as their score on the Language Placement Exam (for those studying Spanish, French or German). In addition to a foreign language, INST students may also be placed in one of the following Political Science courses:
- POLS 103, People & Politics of the World
- POLS 104, International Politics
For program information and course descriptions, please visit the on-line Undergraduate Catalogue. You will follow the 2013-14 Undergraduate Catalogue - this is your contract with the University, and vis versa. Be sure to review the information in the 13-14 catalogue when it becomes available (the catalogue is still under review, and should be posted to the website this summer). Until then, please refer to the 2012-2013 Undergraduate Catalogue, as much of the information is the same.
What other courses are required of GU students? Learn more about core requirements.